Statement of Purpose
Covenant Light Assembly exists to present men and women of all walks of life with the truth of the word of God, in simple, practical and easy to apply way and manner. We seek through practical teachings to present the facts and the truth of the gospel to our audience through the print and electronic media, to maximize our reach and impact on the individual, families and our community.
1. That the Scripture – both Old and New Covenants (Testaments) were written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3: 16, 17); hence all that can be known about God is made manifest in the scriptures (Rom 1: 19), and thus the scriptures are complete and infallible.
2. That there is one God who reveals Himself in three distinct personalities. He is infinite, eternal and perfect.
3. That God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one and the same and they constitute the Trinity
4. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, lived in the flesh, was crucified, died and was buried; and He resurrected on the third day according to the scriptures (Luke 1:31; 2:6,7,11,21; 1 Corinth 15: 3,4)
5. That salvation is found in no one else but Jesus and it is free on the condition of faith (John 20: 31; Rom 10: 9, 10).
6. That the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, and He is indwelling in the believer; that the Holy Spirit has a ministry in our midst to preserve the saints till the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:26; 16: 7-15)
7. In the creative work of the Father, the redemptive work of the Son and the preservative and continuing ministry work of the Holy Spirit.
8. That the Holy Spirit baptism is available to all who desire and ask for it (Luke 11: 9-13; Acts 19: 4-6).
9. In the baptism of water by immersion in water as the fulfilment of all righteousness in the law (Matt 3:15).
10. That the fruits of the Spirit are made manifest by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer (Gal 5:22-25).
11. That Satan exists in reality and that he holds sway over all the sons of disobedience. He seeks to steal, to kill and to destroy and will be destroyed in the lake of fire at the end of the age (John 10:10; Eph 2: 1-2; Rev 20: 7-10).
12. That man was created in the image and likeness of God with the breath of God in him, he fell from grace and he is restored to grace through faith in Jesus (Gen 1: 26, 27; 3: 8-24; Eph 2: 4-10).
13. That prophecy has not its roots in the will of men, but that holy men of God spoke as they were inspired and moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Pet 1: 21).
14. In the ministry and calling of the Apostles and Prophets and that the Lord is still raising up such in these days (Eph 4: 11,12; 1 Corinth 12:28)
15. That we have been redeemed from curses through our faith in Christ Jesus and His redemptive work at Calvary (Gal 3:13, 14).
16. In the resurrection of the saints to eternal life.
17. In the efficacy of prayer and fasting.
18. In Holy Matrimony according to the scriptures.
19. In the empowerment of men and women for effective Christian living.